Stylish, highly customizable and elegant watch face for Samsung Gear S2/S3/Sport with a clean and sportive design. Besides weather forecast for the next 3 hours it also displays the UV Index, Air Quality Index (air pollution) and ocean tide information for your location. Features include:
- time, date and weekday
- UV Index
- Air Quality Index
- weather forecast for the next 3 hours including
- rain in millimeter
- temperature (Celsius + Fahrenheit)
- wind direction and speed (km/h and mph)
- step counter
- moon phase
- battery level
- next low / high tide (double tap top center of screen to toggle display) *
- app shortcuts for all important apps
- adjustable AOD brightness (not for S2)
The Weather and UV Index data is provided by OpenWeatherMap.org. Find out more about the UV Index at http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraviolet_index. You can choose between forecast for the next 3 hours or current weather:
– rain in millimeter
– temperature (Celsius + Fahrenheit)
– wind direction and speed (km/h and mph)
The weather information is refreshed every hour.
The data for air quality and pollutants is provided by OpenAQ.org. They provide PM10 and PM25 (fine dust), SO2 (sulfur dioxide), CO (carbon monoxide), O3 (ozone) and NO2 (nitrogen dioxide) concentration from sensor stations in 64 countries. The Air Quality Index is then calculated using the threshold values of the Pollutant Standards Index (PSI). The watch face will automatically select the closest sensor station within a 10km radius around your location. If there is no sensor station within that radius no Air Quality Index will be shown. Here you can find a list of all sensor stations: https://openaq.org/#/locations. Find out more about the Air Quality Index at http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_quality_index. The Air Quality Index in refreshed every hour.
* IMPORTANT: If you want to get low / high tide information you have to register for a free account at https://www.worldtides.info and enter your API key in the settings of the watch face. You will get 100 API calls for free (which will be sufficient for approximately 1 year). After that you will have to purchase credits to continue using the API. The watch face will always show the times of the next low and high tide of the next tide station within 30km around your current location. If there is no tide station within that radius no tide information will be shown. Here you can see a list of all tide stations: https://www.worldtides.info/tidestations. Double tap the sun/moon display to switch between moon and tides information. The tide information is refreshed every 15 minutes.
Acurracy of ocean tide times may vary! For Sydney for example we found differences of 45 minutes compared to the official times. This should still be sufficient for most people. DON’T USE IT TO NAVIGATE YOUR SHIP! You can check the acurracy for your tide stations here: https://www.worldtides.info/tidestations
The watch face provides tap actions to launch the following Apps
– Stopwatch (install Samsung Stopwatch first)
– Timer (install Samsung Timer first)
– Calculator (install Samsung Calculator first)
Double tap the centre of the screen to toggle hands and double tap the 6-oclock position of the screen to enter the settings. The settings screen offers the following options:
– change the design (dials, hands, covers)
– reset step counter
– Celsius / Fahrenheit
– km/h / mph
– 24hr / 12hr
– weather 3h forecast / current weather
– AOD brightness
– Tides API key
If you have any questions or problems please send an E-Mail to [email protected] .
All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the quality and accuracy of the Data provided by the above watch face. However:
– We do not make warranty, express or implied, nor assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, correctness, completeness of the information.
– We do not assume any legal liability or responsibility for any damage or loss that may directly or indirectly result from any information contained on this watch face or any actions taken as a result of the content of this watch face.
– Under no circumstances will we be liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss, injury or damage arising directly or indirectly from the supply of this data.
The watch face uses your location in order to get information for your location from OpenWeatherMap.org, OpenAQ.org and worldtides.info. For this purpose your location is transferred to the respective partners once an hour.
In order for this watch face to work as designed we need your permission to use the following data on your watch:
– Location and networking: To request local information from OpenWeatherMap.org, OpenAQ.org and worldtides.info.
– Storage: To store the settings of the watch face on your Gear.
– Pedometer sensor: To show the steps counter.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.